Airborne Access

Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Hey folks! This time I'll be reviewing the CD-r king CW-5354U wireless AP Router. I just bought this wireless router because I'm having concerns with my laptop. My DSL provider is Bayantel and they require a PPPOE dialer in able for me to connect to their network. Unfortunately, whenever I created a PPPOE connection, the PPPOE dialer says unavailable - device missing. I've already tried to update my LAN card driver and even reformat my laptop but I'm still getting the error. http://www.emocutez.com 

So the workaround now is to get a router, and I ended up with CD-r king CW-5354U wireless AP Router. I configured the PPPOE username and password to the router so that the router will do the connection to my DSL provider for me and I just need to connect to my router via wifi or LAN cable and it worked perfect http://www.emocutez.com  

Let's take a look at the router's administration page by accessing http://192.168.1.1/ on the browser.



This router is run by tomato firmware. what is tomato firmware?
from wiki, Tomato is a partially free open source Linux-based firmware for several Broadcom-based Wi-Fi routers, including the Linksys WRT54G. The major emphasis of Tomato is on stability, speed and efficiency. It is maintained by Jonathan Zarate[1], who also developed HyperWRT +tofu. Tomato is notable for its web-based user interface that includes several types of bandwidth usage charts, advanced QoS access restriction features, raised connection limits which enables P2P networking, and support for 125 High Speed Mode (marketed by Linksys as "SpeedBooster").


Now let see the other benefits I could get from this router. 
USB & NAS (Network Attached Storage)
  the router has USB port which you can attached your flash drive or  external  hard drive.
BT Downloader (Transmission): Ultra-fast and Convenient Downloads with the Revolutionary Download Master(24/7 Without PC)


    this is cool.http://www.emocutez.com   I can download torrents without PC (energy saver huh!). Once the torrent has been setup and there's enough space on the attached storage, I'll just leave the router open and check my download later.



All-in-one Printer Server: Wirelessly and simultaneously share printing functions for multiple users 
Advanced Powerful QoS 
    What is QoS? quality of service (QoS) refers to resource reservation control mechanisms rather than the achieved service quality. Quality of service is the ability to provide different priority to different applications, users, or data flows, or to guarantee a certain level of performance to a data flow. In simple words, you can control the bandwidth allocation for your applications.


FTP Servers: Files sharing over Internet or Local Area Network 













0 comments:

Post a Comment