Touch, slide and touch

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's time to change my phone! I said to myself when I experienced that my phone is malfunctioning. And since social networking sites are in now a days, i just thought to grab that feature too. that's cool huh?! So i just search for an affordable phone that got the features that i wanted...hmmm and what are those features? http://www.emocutez.com here are the questions run in my mind. Can i check my personal email? Can I browse the internet? Can I install java application and play games? Can I listen to music? videos? how about taking photos? Is it easy to carry and not too bulky to put it in my pocket? Then i thought also that phone now a days are moving to touch screen technology so add it up to my list as well.
I came across to different gadget review sites and blogs (thanks to wanderrgirl your review convinced me to buy this phone) then the samsung 3653w caught my attention because of its cute sleek appearance. 
I checked the specification if I could find the features that i wanted to have in that phone. Guess what? it's all there! and wow its affordable so i decided to bought one for myself 
Start playing with my phone. http://www.emocutez.com
 
Mmm what information i could get in my phone? Then I began to google the answers and here's what i found

*#1111# Software Version
*#2222# Hardware Version
*#1234# Firmware Version

*#0842# Vib test
*#0*# Test menu
*2767*3855# Master reset
sometimes shit happens http://www.emocutez.com when I'm installing a java app (bible app) I'm getting "Java error no memory available" and here's what i did 


dial: *#5239870*# this will open the master setting. Go to Internals, master key: *#7092463*# Go to Storage Settings and select Update Java DB then install the java app again this time it worked for me. Now I have a bible application on my phone and was able to installed java games too.

Issues with touch screen? now here's Mr. google's answer:
This will update the firmware from X08 to X09 which will automatically fix the touchscreen issue.

things you should do first.
1. Remove the Sim card and Memory card.
2. Your unit should have fully charge battery.

Procedure in updating the phone.
1. Turn- on your S3653 W
2. Touch the keypad
3. Enter *#2665#
4. touch the 1
5. Wait for few minutes
6. Done.
 


For creating wallpaper of your own, just take 3 photos you like and edit them on your photo editor software. Re-size each of them to width and height to 240 x 320 px then combine the 3 photos and you should have a single photo with 720 x 320. upload it to your phone and set as wallpaper. 

And here is the link where you could download wallpapers. 

Now it's time to check my personal email via phone, time to setup my gmail account.
first, enable pop on gmail.
To enable POP in Gmail:
  1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
  3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
  5. Choose what to do with your messages after they're accessed with your POP client or device.
  6. And click Save Changes.
Now on your phone, go to Menu --> Messages --> Settings --> Email Accounts -- create then input the settings below in your phone:

Account Name: Gmail
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
Secure connection: SSL
Incoming server type: POP3
POP3 Server: pop.gmail.com
POP3 port: 995
Retrieving option: subject only - I chose this option so I can view the headers first before downloading the content of the email to my phone.
Keep on server: checked
My address: *******@gmail.com
Username: my userid
Password: my password
POP before SMTP: checked
SMTP authentication: checked

To test, connect to wifi or access internet via telco provider. Go to messages --> Email inbox and hit download.. then whuala http://www.emocutez.com you'll see email headers downloaded to your phone mailbox and just choose the header or subject of the email to view or download its contents to your phone.


Now time to chat with friends..


This phone has Palringo application installed already.. now what is Palringo? I dont know either so lets asked Mr. google hahaha!


Palringo is the ultimate Instant Messaging client for mobile phones and computers.
Now you can chat with all your buddies, no matter what IM they use, all from one universal Instant Messenger.


first register to Palringo and don't forget to validate your registration it will send you an email. once you have an account, launch the palringo on your phone and sign in. Choose menu then login to an IM service for example, since I got gmail account already, I can use that account to login to google talk. Now here's another problem, I wanted to add YM service but i couldn't add another IM service  http://www.emocutez.comoh well maybe I should get another java messaging application, time to research again.There are few things i don't like in this phone though. 
  • It's input jack is a proprietary and not a standard 3.5mm and its located at the left side which make it hard for me to put in my pocket while listening to music. Wish they put it at the bottom. 
  • It doesn't have a digital battery meter telling you how many percent of the power left just like in Sony Erickson phones.
  • seems that cut & paste or copy & paste of txt message is not available too
  • Another thing is while I'm in a call, I have to push the lock button at the right side to access the menu making it hard to put your call to speaker on and off immediately.

But in general, considering your budget for a touch screen phone, this is a good bye..ooops I mean good buy    

9 comments:

serendipity said...

nice review. can u please help me? i want to set up my email account in my phone. i'm using yahoo. so i followed all the steps in your example, but all i got is dns failed. what should i do? i can't even register to palringo, all the reply i got is contacting server please wait....no reply at all....
thanks hope you can help me. :)

creedler said...

@serendipity. unfortunately, you have to upgrade your email to Yahoo mail plus in order to set it up with your phone that's 20$ a year. As alternative for checking yahoo mail, I connect to wifi or your telco provider and login to http://mobile.yahoo.com i already bookmarked this to my phone so i wouldnt type the URL every time i wanted to check my email

kusina101 said...

nice review! visit my blog also www.corbylove.blogspot.com

creedler said...

thanks Elmo =) sure I'll also visit your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi.can you pls help me...how cn i watch you tube using this fon?im using my wifi nd cant watch any youtube vdeos.thnx

creedler said...

are you able to connect to wifi?

Anonymous said...

Yes i am..always says connection To server has been lost...

Anonymous said...

HellO.

creedler said...

have you tried to clear your phone cache?

Post a Comment